Re: [ptp-dev] PTP 7.0.4 and Parallel Package for Kepler SR2 RC4 (final build) ready for testing

On 02/21/2014 10:19 AM, Beth Tibbitts wrote:
Please test from package URLs below.
Volunteers for at least one Linux and Windows please?
Thanks.

Next week is "quiet week" then official release (of Kepler SR2 and PTP 7.0.4)  is next Friday Feb 28.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Markus Knauer <mknauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 5:36 AM
Subject: [epp-dev] Kepler SR2 RC4

As with every RC4 we are not going to move this build to the download page today, instead I'll upload these packages as the final build for Kepler SR2 next week (Tuesday or Wednesday). Please send your votes as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Markus

I ran some tests on Linux x86_64.

Most importantly, I created a run configuration for shallow as a MPICH2 application. When I clicked the resources tab in the run configuration, selected the MPICH2 target system configuration and my machine as the host I got an error popup "Failed to create control for the dynamic tab "Basic Options" Reason: Undefined attribute "noLocalOption" in widget type

Then the resources tab was blank except for the target system configuration name and connection name. There were no MPICH settings.

I rebuilt shallow as an OpenMPI project and it ran fine, no errors.

Beyond that:
1) Created a synchronized project for shallow
2) Set up include directory for MPI headers and ran code analysis. All the red markers in the source files were gone
3) Checked a few symbol references and symbol definitions. The few I spot-checked were correct
4) Ran MPI artifacts, looked correct
5) Ran MPI barrier analysis which found an error at line 88 of main.c. This might be the buggy version of shallow I'm using. Not sure exactly which version I have.
6) Ran project clean and then built shallow. No problems.
7) Created a run configuration for shallow and ran it. No problems.
8) Invoked the debugger on shallow and single stepped a few instructions. Seemed ok except the xterm where I invoked Eclipse displays some debug messages, I think from AbstractEventManager,  EventRequestManager, NotifyJob and maybe a few others
9) I never saw any OpenMPI job show up in the active or inactive jobs view. I think this is because I didn't have a monitor for OpenMPI (There isn't one in the dropdown to add new monitors so it probably doesn't exist)

Dave

Back to the top