Re: [ptp-dev] Parallel package build for Kepler SR2 RC3

I tested the RC3 using 64 bit Ubuntu 12.04 and Trestles

Tested on my local machine:

* Shallow as C project, built and executed
* Installed TAU, ran TAU and Perfsuite
* Ran debugger using shallow

I have no issues to report running locally. Basic operations seem fine.

Tested on Trestles:

* Created synchronized project using shallow
* Built/Executed shallow on trestles
* Ran debugger using shallow - failed with connection refused (see below)
* System Monitoring - failed with errors the first time unless .eclipsesettings folder was present (see below)

There were two issues running things on trestles, the first was with the monitoring view and the second was with the debugger. I deleted .eclipsesettings on Trestles before running my job and the first time running a job on trestles I get an error dialog stating that multiple problems occurred with the LML DA Driver (trestles.sdsc.edu) and LML Monitor Job. The job itself runs fine, the .eclipsesettings directory is created and the LML DA driver is transferred, but I wonder if the monitoring job is trying to start before everything is there? The second run of shallow I saw no error message and the monitoring displays as expected. No subsequent issues with the monitoring view when running jobs. If I delete eclipsesettings again and relaunch a job, I get the failed message. At that point I can also manually start the monitoring from the monitoring view.

The second issue is with getting the debugger to start. I'm not sure if this specific to trestles, but here is what I see in the console:

[cnavarro@trestles-1-18 ~]$  cd /home/cnavarro/shallow && perl /home/cnavarro/.e
clipsesettings/rms/OPENMPI/start_job.pl mpirun -np 5 -hostfile $PBS_NODEFILE
#PTP job_id=19267

Debugger error: System error: Connection refused

Chris