[ptp-dev] Adding core files to default synchronization exclude list

Is it reasonable to add core files to the default exclude list for a synchronized project? If I have an application that crashes and creates core files then I may have one multi-MB core file created per task. If I try to synchronize then synchronization hangs and does not seem to be cancelable thru the progress monitor.

Since Linux creates core files as core.<pid> the exclusion pattern might need to be both core and core.[0-9]+.

Also, PE runtime creates an individual directory coredir.<n> for each task to contain the core file for that task where <n> is the task id. These probably should be excluded by default too.
Dave

Back to the top