[ptp-dev] Kepler SR1 RC4 testing

I have voted (+1) to put the final Parallel package build (aka RC4) on the Kepler SR1 download site when its release is final on Friday September 27.  Note that this is with our previous release PTP 7.0.3.  It's too late to change but we should prepare ahead of time if we find any problems.

I am doing some lightweight testing on Mac64 and Win64 with a new virgin Windows 8 machine.

**** Attention Linux folk:  Can someone at least confirm (one of?) the Linux packages unpacks and runs OK?

I will also test the upgrade scenario described below.

See below for details from epp-dev

======================

It is time to test the Kepler SR1 RC4 packages. They can be found here:

  http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/kepler/download/20130919-0822/

For upgrade scenarios via p2 you can use these p2 repositories:

  http://download.eclipse.org/releases/maintenance/
  http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/kepler/download/20130919-0822/repository/

- We've had some bad experiences with updates from the relased version to an SRx version in the past, especially with Mac OSX. It help if some of you could test this kind of update. I've tested the RCP/RAP package successfully on Linux and on Windows.

- The RC4 packages won't be released today. Instead they will be made available next Friday as "SR1" packages if you send your +1 vote. Independent from the Simultaneous Release schedule it would be great to get your votes until Monday. This allows me to copy the packages to the download/mirror servers early next week.

Thanks,
Markus

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts