[ptp-dev] git problem

I'm trying to delete the hackthon branch, but I can't do it even using --force:

$ git push --force origin :hackathon
remote: Branch refs/heads/hackathon:
remote: You need 'Push' rights with the 'Force Push'
remote: flag set to delete references.
remote: User: gwatson
remote: Please read the documentation and contact an administrator
remote: if you feel the configuration is incorrect
remote: Processing changes: refs: 1, done
To ssh://gwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/ptp/org.eclipse.ptp.git
 ! [remote rejected] hackathon (cannot delete references)
error: failed to push some refs to 'ssh://gwatson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:29418/ptp/org.eclipse.ptp.git'

Presumably this is something to do with the gerrit changes. Any ideas?

Greg

Back to the top