[ptp-dev] Future of RDT

Hi,

One of the actions I had from the developer's meeting last week was to clarify the situation regarding support for remote projects. The main issue is that there is one particular bug (Bug 411318 - Improper resolution of build working directory) that causes builds to fail when remote projects are being used. It seems like a change in CDT is now requiring a corresponding change in RDT in order to restore functionality. This problem seems to me to be pretty crucial to making remote projects useful for PTP.

Is anyone planning to fix this problem, and more generally, continue to fix issues that arise in RDT?

If yes, then it would be nice to know the timeframe so that users would have an idea of when this functionality will be restored.

If no, then I think we should consider dropping RDT from future releases of PTP, starting with Juno. In order to maintain our release quality, we can only ship components that someone has committed to maintain.

Comments/suggestions appreciated.

Regards,
Greg

Back to the top