[ptp-dev] Illegal state exception from TAU makefile widget

Hi Wyatt,

I noticed in the ptp_7_0 branch you added a setConfiguration method to the TauMakefile widget where it calls job.setUser and job.schedule; however, I'm seeing an illegal state exception thrown when both the constructor and the new setConfiguration method try to schedule the same job without checking if the job is already running (that exception then breaks the UI for me where further selections are not recognized). Was there a use case where the job wasn't getting scheduled for you?

To recreate this, I created a profile configuration with trestles as my connection, switch to the performance tab and with breakpoints set, I hit both the constructors job.schedule and the setConfiguration methods job.schedule. I was wondering if you see the same behavior? The solution might be just to get rid of the job schedule in the constructor since the combo's update model should always pass in a configuration or just call job.getState() and check if the job is already schedule.

Chris

Back to the top