Re: [ptp-dev] Problems happend when PTP was doing TAU

Thanks Wyatt, I will have a try.
Thanks regards,
 krime

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Krime <krimelam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
While profiling openmpi programs on PTP with TAU, I got the following problems:
My environment specs is Ubuntu 12.04 64bit, Eclipse 4.6 with PTP 7.0.2, gcc 4.6.5.
  • When I press the profile config button on eclipse, I got the "Error running opcontrol" message:
Seems like there is an "opcontrol" running but failed for the permission. But I checked all around the
 Ubuntu there's no opcontrol ware, neither for the apt-get source. What's wrong with this one?
Inline image 1
  • The PTP-TAU component cannot launch normally.
I setup the basic TAU environment and build and profile a local c/c++ project successfully with TAU
 in Eclipse, but I failed to profile a synchronized project within PTP, neither connect to remote
 machines nor localhost (well, branches as the following figures show):

The successful local one  (The tags of TAU came out):
Inline image 2

Now the failed one (The tags of TAU did not come out):
Inline image 3
  • The local project (NOT synchronized project) can profile, but shows no result in eclipse automatically, seems like there're some problems in the pdb database.

Thanks regards,
 krime

Back to the top