Re: [ptp-dev] Modifying content of ETFw/JAXB performance analysis tab dependent on attribute setting

Dave,

Do you know if this issue is specific to the Performance Analysis tab? Does it work correctly on the Resources tab of a run configuration?

Greg

On Jul 24, 2013, at 4:20 PM, Dave Wootton <dwootton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Brian
It seems like the attribute is not being recognized at all in the <rm:control-state> specification at all. For testing purposes I've coded two label widgets with a <rm:control-state> where the <rm:show-if> specification in each has one of the two possible values for the attribute. I've also coded a third label widget with no <rm:show-if> to make sure my changes to the XML file are actually being picked up.

If I'm supposed to be able to use attributes like this, they need to also be processed in 'real time'.

The other problem is that I don't think there's a way today for me to specify a method that I can do what I want before the Performance Analysis tab is populated. I think implementing it in the class specified for <analysisTool> is too late since that runs only after I click the Profile button.
Dave

From:        Brian Watt <bwatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        07/24/2013 01:23 PM
Subject:        Re: [ptp-dev] Modifying content of ETFw/JAXB performance analysis        tab dependent on attribute setting
Sent by:        ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dave,

I don't know if this is related, but only buttons in the <rm:control-state> with a <rm:show-if> are dynamically checked as they change state. Using an attribute is does not cause the control-state to be updated in real-time, but it does check it the next time the launch config is opened. So if you close the profile launch configuration and reopen it then the attribute is checked and the show-if behavior is handled. Please try that. I think we need to change the control-state open-source code to handle not just button dynamically, but as attributes change their valued. I'm being quite brief in my response so If any of this is confusing, please repost and I'll explain more.

Bri