Re: [ptp-dev] EPP Kepler RC3... (Win32)

I think the issue in the past has been out of memory exceptions with the smaller numbers

My(old)  WinXP sys with 3GB RAM would not work with

    -Xms512m
    -Xmx1536m

I bumped it down to
-Xms40m
-Xmx512m

as you suggested and it did at least come up.

Here's the discussion on the problems we had with SR2:
http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ptp-dev/msg07247.html

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Roland Schulz ---06/12/2013 12:54:02 AM---why is our default anyhow so large? that could also be an iRoland Schulz ---06/12/2013 12:54:02 AM---why is our default anyhow so large? that could also be an issue on non-windows machines with little

Roland Schulz <roland@xxxxxxx>

06/12/2013 12:54 AM

Re: [ptp-dev] EPP Kepler RC3... (Win32)

    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

why is our default anyhow so large? that could also be an issue on non-windows machines with little memory, a VM, or a shared machine.
cpp and rcp (also for 64bit) use:
-Xms40m
-Xmx512m

I can't imagine that we need that much more. If so that seems something we might want to look into fixing.

Roland.