Re: [ptp-dev] Synchronized projects over RSE connections

Hi,

we use connection.getRemoteServices().getProcessBuilder(connection,
commandList).start() in
org.eclipse.ptp.internal.rdt.sync.git.core.GitRemoteSyncConnection.PTPSession.exec(String,
int)
which calls org.eclipse.rse.services.shells.IShellService.runCommand(String,
String, String[], IProgressMonitor) from
org.eclipse.ptp.internal.remote.rse.core.RSEProcessBuilder.launchCommandWithRSE(String,
String) and org.eclipse.rse.services.shells.IHostShell.getStandardOutputReader()
from org.eclipse.ptp.internal.remote.rse.core.RSEProcess.RSEProcess(IHostShell,
boolean).

For some reason this returns the "Last login" before returning the
command output.
See also http://eclipse.1072660.n5.nabble.com/RSEProcessBuilder-td24657.html

I think it doesn't make sense that RSE returns this login message.
Instead it should only return the command output the same way as
RemoteTools behave. Even if RSE considers this a feature and not a
bug, I think this should be fixed in how the
org.eclipse.ptp.internal.remote.rse.core.RSEProcess works not how sync
executes commands.

Any hints on why RSE behaves this way, whether this behavior can be
changed, and how other people who executes command over RSE deal with
that would be appreciated.

I would assume that if this issue is fixed it should work over RSE.
But given that this never worked, I can't say for sure.

Roland

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309

Back to the top