This type of question should really be posted to the ptp-user list. The ptp-dev list is for developer discussions. Hopefully someone from the RDT team will be able to help.

Regards,
Greg
On May 21, 2013, at 11:19 AM, "Williams, Robin N" <robin.n.williams@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello – can anyone help with this? Any ideas?

I have two sets of users on one machine accessing 2 different compile machines remotely through Eclipse. The first set of users are able to access their compile machine, but the second set is not able to connect (issue is below). Should both sets of users be able to access their individual machines remotely in parallel?

Robin
(Happily residing in the ALPHA Lab - 703.367.1717)
Office#: 703.367.2712

From: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Williams, Robin N
Sent: Monday, May 20, 2013 12:10 PM
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers
Subject: EXTERNAL: [ptp-dev] Remotely connecting to two different server daemons

I’m using the Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers v4.2.2 on my client (RHEL 6.2). We were able to remotely connect to the daemon running on ServerA (RHEL 5.4 - perl ./daemon.pl &). Now we are trying to remotely connect to the daemon running on ServerB (Fedora 9 - perl ./daemon.pl &), but it just seems to hang. No error messages are returned to the screen. The bottom right says “100% rse query”, but it seemingly stays in a trying to connect type mode. Both servers are using the default port 4075 and the servers cannot see each other.

What could be causing this connection issue? Thanks in advance

<image001.jpg>
Robin Nicole Williams
(Currently residing in the ALPHA Lab - 703.367.1717)
Mission Systems and Training
9500 Godwin Drive, Manassas, VA 20110
Office: 703.367.2712
Fax: 703.367.2613