[ptp-dev] API issues

We've been lax with our APIs in previous releases, so I'd like to get this sorted out for Kepler. I'm going through each plugin to ensure that the packages are named correctly and they are exported only when necessary. This involves a small amount of reorganization in some cases, however expect the plugin contents to change a bit over the next couple of days.

Once this is complete, I will have a list of all the APIs and extension points that we are currently exporting. Component owners will need to ensure that the javadoc for every class, method, and field is properly updated, and that the extension points are properly documented. I will be generating documentation that will be in the org.eclipse.ptp.doc.isv help plugin. If you are unable/unwilling to do this, we will need to look at the API to determine if it should be marked internal.

Apologies in advance if I break anything. Let me know if you notice anything and I'll fix it up asap.

Thanks,
Greg

Back to the top