Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for "Williams, Robin N" ---04/25/2013 01:01:52 PM---Thanks Beth – The previous issue with the eclipse cr"Williams, Robin N" ---04/25/2013 01:01:52 PM---Thanks Beth – The previous issue with the eclipse crashing was because of the age of the workstation

From: "Williams, Robin N" <robin.n.williams@xxxxxxxx>
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 04/25/2013 01:01 PM
Subject: Re: [ptp-dev] EXTERNAL: Re:  Remote RDT Server Connection
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Beth –
The previous issue with the eclipse crashing was because of the age of the workstation I was using (some issue about the drivers and older protocols). I switched to a newer workstation and was up and running!!

Wanted to let you and the forum know that the Eclipse PAD application is working just as I needed it to…local editing and remote C++ compiling! Thanks SO much for help!!

Now, new question J –
When I start up the rdt-server on my remote server daemon, I’m doing so as root:
                cd <rdt-server folder location>/
                perl ./daemon.pl &

When I connect to the remote server from my local eclipse I have to connect as root. However, I have numerous developers, whom I don’t want to have the root password. How can I set up my rdt-server so that the users can connect with their own credentials? Or credentials other than root? Or should I not start the rdt-server as root?
Thanks in advance!!

Robin
(Happily residing in the ALPHA Lab - 703.367.1717)
Office#: 703.367.2712