Re: [ptp-dev] Getting java.lang.ClassNotFoundException for org.eclipse.ptp.launch.ui.LaunchConfigurationTab

Changed it....

Brian Watt, IBM

Inactive hide details for Beth Tibbitts---02/07/2013 11:05:02 AM---Instead of "do not install" it should probably be "install aBeth Tibbitts---02/07/2013 11:05:02 AM---Instead of "do not install" it should probably be "install a recent build" ...Beth

From: Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date: 02/07/2013 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: [ptp-dev] Getting java.lang.ClassNotFoundException for org.eclipse.ptp.launch.ui.LaunchConfigurationTab
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Instead of "do not install" it should probably be "install a recent build"

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform
http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Brian Watt---02/07/2013 11:40:27 AM---> I've just downloaded the latest PTP master source into my basBrian Watt---02/07/2013 11:40:27 AM---> I've just downloaded the latest PTP master source into my base > Eclipse Development Environment.

Brian Watt/Austin/IBM@IBMUS

Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

02/07/2013 11:40 AM

Re: [ptp-dev] Getting java.lang.ClassNotFoundException for org.eclipse.ptp.launch.ui.LaunchConfigurationTab
    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

> I've just downloaded the latest PTP master source into my base
> Eclipse Development Environment. Then I start up my target Eclipse I
> am getting java.lang.ClassNotFoundException for
> org.eclipse.ptp.launch.ui.LaunchConfigurationTab. The full backtrace
> is below. The scenario is to enter Run > Run Configurations... and
> create a new Parallel Application launch configuration. That's it.
> The launch configuration only has the Common tab. No other tabs
> appear such as the Resources tab.
>
> I thought it might be because I'm running on Juno 4.2.1 so I moved
> up to Kepler 4.3.M5, but no such luck the problem is still there too.
>
> It appears that the org.eclipse.ptp.launch.ui.LaunchConfigurationTab
> doesn't exist, but org.eclipse.ptp.launch.ui.tabs.
> LaunchConfigurationTab does.
>
> Any help would be appreciated....

Solved... After thinking about it and also talking to Greg I realized that my base Eclipse had the old "Parallel Tools Platform (PTP) End-User Runtime" package installed and I wondered if it was causing a conflict. Note: I had installed this package based upon our Development Environment Setup instructions on our Wiki [
http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/environment_setup_70]. So I created a fresh Eclipse Kepler install and did not install the "Parallel Tools Platform (PTP) End-User Runtime" package". Then in the target Eclipse when I executed my scenario above I no longer got the ClassNotFoundException for LaunchConfigurationTab. As a result I have updated the Wiki with the following: "Note: If you get a java.lang.ClassNotFoundException for org.eclipse.ptp.launch.ui.LaunchConfigurationTab in your target Eclipse do not install this package (B. Watt 2013-02-07)."_______________________________________________
ptp-dev mailing list
ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx