[ptp-dev] How does PTP deal with large amount of output (30, 000 lines of OOB record in GDB) ?

Hi PTP guys:

I'm developing a Eclipse debugger product based on CDT, the product is intended for debugging parallel system.  A typical scenario is our product is located in a windows PC, and end users use it to debug a remote system via SSH.

My problem is how to deal with a large amount of output from executing commands in GDB:

1. there are over 9,000 threads from executing "info threads"
2. there are almost 30,000 lines of the output when executing some other command. When the network speed is slow, it takes 2 minutes for the execution to finish.

In fact, it is an issue with using CDT debugger to debug large systems.

PTP is designed for parallel usage and it must have its own philosophy to deal with the large amount of data from GDB, Therefore I'm wondering how do you guys solve this kind of problem.

9000 threads in the output of "info threads" could be a good example. It is highly possilbe that the Debug View needs to be refreshed in case of spawned/exited threads and therefore it issues an "info threads" command to gdb.
End users won't be that patient to wait 1 minute to see 9000 threads in screen again.

Is there any good idea?

Thanks a lot.

Regards
Xing Yun