Re: [ptp-dev] @since concepts and use

> Prior to a release, the API baseline should always be the previous
> release version (5.0.0, 6.0.0, etc.) Once a release has occurred,
> the baseline should be changed to that release. Baselines are always
> the initial release version, not service release versions.

> This would be (b) in your list.

OK, the rule I now have is to use the last major release PTP master zip, which is currently 6.0.0, and to only move up when a major release happens. Should this include SRs?

> The API tooling will indicate an error if you need to change the
> manifest version and/or add @since. It should provide you with a
> quick fix that will have the version you should use.

The next rule is that if I'm adding significant new APIs to some plugin that I update the bundle version to the next version. For example, org.eclipse.ptp.etfw bundle version was at 5.0.0 in the PTP master zip of 6.0.0, so I should bump it from 5.0.0 to 6.0.0. However, once it is updated there is no need to update the bundle version further until the next major PTP release. What should be done for an SR, for example, go from 6.0.0 to 6.1.0?

Then my final rule is that when I add in a new API that I should include an @since of the plugins bundle version. For example @since 6.0 for an API that is added to the org.eclipse.ptp.etfw with bundle version 6.0.0. What should be done for an SR, for example, use @@since 6.1?

Does any of this sound reasonable?

Back to the top