Re: [ptp-dev] Forcing a synchronization

Hi Brian

There is not yet an exported API for doing a sync, but unofficially you can use the public methods in:

org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.core.SyncManager

For example, to do a forced, non-blocking sync on an IProject called "project":

SyncManager.sync(null, project, SyncFlag.FORCE, null);

The last argument is an ISyncExceptionHandler, which you can optionally define for handling sync exceptions.

An example handler can be found at:

org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.sync.ui.CommonSyncExceptionHandler

There is also a blocking sync call, SyncManager.syncBlocking(), which comes in two flavors.
One will throw sync exceptions and the other again takes an exception handler.

Confusingly, the two calls which take handlers also claim to throw CoreException, but this should
never happen. So a simple assert or log message should be sufficient for the corresponding catch block.

John