Re: [ptp-dev] Help needs help

If you want to see what help looks like, i just got it copied up to the juno help server in preparation for tomorrow's big Juno release:
http://help.eclipse.org/juno/index.jsp

NOTE that this has some fixes *since* our RC4 build.

However the following 6 subitems are still out of date:

- Parallel Tools Platform (PTP) User Guide
  -- Running Parallel Programs
      --- Running SLURM Jobs
      --- Running IBM LoadLeveler Batch Jobs
      --- Running PBS Jobs
      --- Running IBM Parallel Environment Jobs
      --- Running Open MPI Jobs
      --- Running Grid Engine Jobs

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Beth Tibbitts---06/26/2012 01:55:44 PM---The help plugins for the target configurations (a.k.a. ResouBeth Tibbitts---06/26/2012 01:55:44 PM---The help plugins for the target configurations (a.k.a. Resource Managers) PE,LL,SLURM, and PBS have

Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM@IBMUS

ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx,

06/26/2012 01:55 PM

[ptp-dev] Help needs help

    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

The help plugins for the target configurations (a.k.a. Resource Managers) PE,LL,SLURM, and PBS have not been updated to PTP 6.0
   That is, they refer to configuring and starting a resource manager.  Instead of doing things on the run configuration dialog.  (I added a caveat note near the beginning of each)
There is no help for Grid Engine or OpenMPI (I added stubs for them.)

I hope to update these shortly:
-  IBM PE/LL  (org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ibm.pe.help  and ll.help)
- OpenMPI -- since it was previously described in the original resource manager descriptions as our defacto "reference implementation" under the original runtime.

Anyone who can update PBS, SLURM, Grid Engine, etc is encouraged to do so - if before the 6.0.1 final build (Thursday late? Friday?)  It would be nice,
although I realize this is short notice.

Help locations in need of help themselves:
 org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.doc.user
 org.eclipse.ptp.rm.slurm.help
 org.eclipse.ptp.doc.user/html/rms/gridengine.html
 org.eclipse.ptp.doc.user/html/rms/openMPI.html

Note that the main PTP help has a "running" section that just punts on filling in the resources tab, referring to links to the RMs to tell how to fill it in.
It's the files above that are pointed to by these links.