[ptp-dev] Help needs help

The help plugins for the target configurations (a.k.a. Resource Managers) PE,LL,SLURM, and PBS have not been updated to PTP 6.0
    That is, they refer to configuring and starting a resource manager.  Instead of doing things on the run configuration dialog.  (I added a caveat note near the beginning of each)
There is no help for Grid Engine or OpenMPI (I added stubs for them.)

I hope to update these shortly:
-  IBM PE/LL  (org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ibm.pe.help  and ll.help)
 - OpenMPI -- since it was previously described in the original resource manager descriptions as our defacto "reference implementation" under the original runtime.

Anyone who can update PBS, SLURM, Grid Engine, etc is encouraged to do so - if before the 6.0.1 final build (Thursday late? Friday?)  It would be nice,
although I realize this is short notice.

Help locations in need of help themselves:
  org.eclipse.ptp.rm.jaxb.doc.user
  org.eclipse.ptp.rm.slurm.help
  org.eclipse.ptp.doc.user/html/rms/gridengine.html
  org.eclipse.ptp.doc.user/html/rms/openMPI.html

Note that the main PTP help has a "running" section that just punts on filling in the resources tab, referring to links to the RMs to tell how to fill it in.
It's the files above that are pointed to by these links.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Back to the top