Re: [ptp-dev] PTP and Parallel Package Juno RC4 build - Need your vote for final Parallel Package build!

+1 on Linux 32-bit/OpenJDK 1.7.0_03

Jeff

On 6/18/12 12:22 PM, Beth Tibbitts wrote:

Sorry.... I thought I sent this out on Friday...

PLEASE TRY THIS.  It's our final build of the parallel package.
I would like a few "+1" votes on some various platforms before I give it the big "+1" to be on the downloads site on Juno Day, June 27.

As mentioned in our ptp-dev call last Tuesday, please test as much as possible; we are most likely releasing a 6.0.1 bugfix release at about the time of the release on Wed June 27

Here's my vote:
+1 for Mac64

The final Juno RC4 build of the parallel package is available here:
  http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/juno/download/20120614-1725/

The repository from which you can use Help>Install new software to test installation from an existing workbench is
  http://download.eclipse.org/releases/staging

These will not be promoted to the usual areas on the Eclipse download sites, since this would essentially
be releasing early

Final release of the Eclipse Juno, including PTP 6.0.0 and the "Eclipse for Parallel Application Developers"
is June 27.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

----- Forwarded by Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM on 06/15/2012 08:50 AM -----

Markus Knauer <mknauer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

06/14/2012 04:28 PM

[epp-dev] EPP Juno RC4 build

    Sent by:

epp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi package maintainers,

now we've got a build available that I think could be the final RC4 build:

http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/juno/download/20120614-1725/

Upgrades etc. can be tested with the RC4 p2 repositories at

http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/juno/download/20120614-1725/repository and

http://download.eclipse.org/releases/staging

There are some 'special' things that I should mention:

(1)
Bug 382574 - An internal error occurred during: "Indexing help...".
The workaround that we came up with includes adding a new Java property to the eclipse.ini file. With this property set, the search in the Eclipse Help system should work even in case someone installs the higher version of the Apache Lucene library from the Juno repository at a later time. But it is important that you test the search in your package to make sure there are no bad side effects.

(2) There won't be the usual 'release' of the packages from
eclipse.org/downloads tomorrow/Friday. RC4 has always been a 'quiet' release. If you send your +1's these packages will be the final ones that will be released on June 27th.

Huh, it's going to be a longer list... I hate such lists... :)

(3) Test the packages... if you find errors, try to find a workaround and document it. If you find a stop-ship bug, well, in that case we need to find a solution. In most cases this means that we need to rebuild (and test!) all packages again.

(4) Test the packages early... and send your vote to the list as usual. I'd like to push them to the Eclipse mirror servers beginning of next week to give them enough time to sync. And before doing so, I need your votes...

Good, I'll stop for now...

Thanks,
Markus