Re: [ptp-dev] Why configuration tab requires two extension points

Greetings,
There are two things going on here.  Normally the ETFW ui tabs show up as sub-tabs of the Performance Analysis tab.  The extension point: "org.eclipse.debug.ui.launchConfigurationTabs" is for creating a new top-level tab in the UI.  In this case it creates the TAU tab that shows up with the other top-level tabs in the launch configuration.

The other extension point, org.eclipse.ptp.etfw.configurationTabs, is for defining a custom ETFW tab UI.  The TauAnalysisTab code shows how to include this UI element in the top-level tab.  But it could also be created as a sub-tab of Performance Analysis. Let me know if you want further clarification or have any more questions.

=Wyatt