[ptp-dev] ETFw custom configuration tab becomes one of the main launch tabs

Wyatt,

Some thoughts as I develop an ETFw extension configuration tab (aka dynamic panes)...

Today the main launch configurations tabs appear as follows (a '[' represents the beginning of a tab)

    [Resource [Application [Arguments [Environment [Performance Analysis [TAU [Parametric Study [Common

And an ETFW workflow's <optionpane>, such as OldPane, is displayed under the Performance Analysis tab
    [Tool Selection [PPW Compiler Wrapper - UPC [PPW Program Run - UPC [OldPane

However an ETFw extension configuration tab, such as NewTab, is displayed among the main launch tabs. This was unexpected to me.
    [Resource [Application [Arguments [Environment [Performance Analysis [NewTab [TAU [Parametric Study [Common

However, I feel that it makes more sense for all extension configuration tabs to be under the Performance Analysis tab, because Tool Selection / Select Tool: selection list is there. We could also enabled and disabled each tool's tabs if the specific tool was not selected..
    [Tool Selection [PPW Compiler Wrapper - UPC [PPW Program Run - UPC [NewTab
    Select Tool: { PPW_UPC or TAU or NewTab }

Unfortunately this changes the GUI for things like TAU, because it is an extension configuration tab too.

Brian Watt, IBM

Back to the top