Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for Wyatt Spear ---05/16/2012 06:25:32 PM---Greetings, I'm getting the following error.  I recently switcWyatt Spear ---05/16/2012 06:25:32 PM---Greetings, I'm getting the following error. I recently switched to a new os and my

From: Wyatt Spear <wspear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/16/2012 06:25 PM
Subject: [ptp-dev] Can't push changes to git
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Greetings,
I'm getting the following error.  I recently switched to a new os and my environment may have changed a bit.  Does anyone have any idea how to fix this short of cloning from scratch?
Thanks,
Wyatt

git push
Password for 'https://wspear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx':
remote:
remote: error: git.eclipse.org does not know this committer,
remote:  or this this committer cannot commit to this project (gid=8276 repo:org.eclipse.ptp): wspear@alulim.(none).
remote:
remote: denied: You (wspear) cannot push changes that were not committed by you or members of your project. Please fix your repository, and see http://wiki.eclipse.org/Git for information on configuring your Git environment.
remote:
remote: error: hook declined to update refs/heads/ptp_5_0
To https://wspear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/gitroot/ptp/org.eclipse.ptp.git
 ! [remote rejected] ptp_5_0 -> ptp_5_0 (hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to 'https://wspear@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/gitroot/ptp/org.eclipse.ptp.git'