[ptp-dev] PTP and epp-parallel features; Juno M7 deadline is Monday - feature freeze

I am finally revisiting this today.
For PTP (part of PLDT) we are adding two new features:
1. openacc
2. openshmem
And I'm looking at features we need to put in the Juno repository, so that we can build them in the package.
Attaching end of thread which this discussion after the M6 build.
M7 build for us is next Tuesday

Also the discussion in http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ptp-dev/msg06304.html   of 3/22/12
We were deciding what to do about..
org.eclipse.ptp.cdt.compilers
org.exlipseptp.rm.jaxb.contrib  (new RM re-org may make this moot)
org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.fortran...

Any other features we need in the parallel package that aren't in M6?

Note that Tuesday's build is our last chance to add features to Juno.
So we should check in no later than Monday if possible; often  they grab our build early on +2 day.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Jeffrey Overbey ---03/22/2012 05:52:50 PM---> > In order to build parallel package juno M6 we tried tJeffrey Overbey ---03/22/2012 05:52:50 PM---> > In order to build parallel package juno M6 we tried to include these new

Jeffrey Overbey <jeffreyoverbey@xxxxxxx>

Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

03/22/2012 05:52 PM

Re: [ptp-dev] PTP Juno repository does not contain features that Parallel package needs

    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

    In order to build parallel package juno M6 we tried to include these new features
    But they are not in the common Juno Repository

Just to clarify... it's required that every feature in the EPP package also be in the Juno repository?

Something feels odd about contributing the jaxb.contrib stuff to the common repo/PTP core... I think because we're filling it with machine-specific RMs, and the Juno repo targets the world.  It would be really nice if the machine-specific RMs (e.g., for Forge, Lonestar, and Blue Waters) would only show up when you connect to that specific machine.

We discussed what (not) to do with the cdt.compilers stuff in a previous thread <http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/ptp-dev/msg05736.html>, although merging it into an existing feature is fine with me.  Same with pldt.fortran -- the reasons for separating it are in <https://bugs.eclipse.org/349385>, but merging it into core PLDT is fine with me if you don't mind the Photran dependency.

ptp-dev mailing list
ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx