Re: [ptp-dev] Shared sessions for SFTP

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Kevin Huck <khuck@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Howdy all -

Quick question about how the Eclipse PTP Resource Managers connect over ssh...

I am surveying Eclipse PTP support on remote systems, and I have run into an interesting problem. I find that I cannot connect to the Cray XK6 (Jaguar) at ORNL through the System Monitor perspective, because they have administratively disabled shared sessions over ssh.  I get the following error:

Opening SFTP connection failed. Does the remote machine support SFTP and multiple sessions? MaxSessions for the SSH server has to be set to at least 5. channel not opened.

For other systems, I have (in the past) explicitly enabled shared sessions in my .ssh/config to prevent having to enter an OTP for each connection, and after disabling this feature in my .ssh/config, I find that it still works, so it must be built into Eclipse PTP now - which is great!

However, on Jaguar I am still stuck.  I don't suppose there is any way around this?
bug 356657 is open for this issue. The issue outlines what has to be done to make it work.

Roland

Thanks -
Kevin

865-241-1537, ORNL PO BOX 2008 MS6309