[ptp-dev] Setting git property core.ignorecase

For the Mac users out there, a recent change in the repo renamed the
GridEngine directory (in lml.da) to GRIDENGINE.  Git had a
tremendously hard time with this on my machine, which as best I can
tell is because my file system is case-insensitive (HFS+).

Anyway, setting the global "core.ignorecase" property fixed the issue...

$ git config --global core.ignorecase 1

...although I'm not convinced that I want to leave things that way for
the rest of eternity.

Can anyone tell me if there some canonical documentation for that
property -- a man page or something?

And is there any "official" recommendation on using that property with
HFS+ (like, not from some dude's blog, but from the Ministry of
Version Control or whoever has authority on these things)?

Jeff

Back to the top