Re: [ptp-dev] Indigo SR2 RC2 - parallel package (what is where, and when)

On the day we "release" I will copy the update site contents for the build
to the "PTP Update site"--  which is http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/updates/indigo --

So yes, when 5.0.5 is released, the PTP update site (http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/updates/indigo) will contain 5.0.5.
Currently that is planned for Feb.  7.

> tutorial on Feb 24; do you have a sense as to what will be available on the main download site...?
I believe you mean http://download.eclipse.org/releases/indigo
On Feb. 24 it will contain whatever PTP release goes in Eclipse Indigo SR2 - should be 5.0.5 the way it looks now.

>  [what will be on our update site] near that date?
I would guess it will still be 5.0.5, which I believe we are aiming at being our last release on Indigo, our 5.0.x releases.
Of course, if anyone needs bug fixes, we can do another release if necessary.

We always have the same dilemma when finalizing slides, knowing what will be on those URLs when the slides are read :)

Jay,
If you are planning a tutorial for that day (2/7 PTP 5.0.5  release) , let's talk offline.
If you having them use that URL that day, we can coordinate to make sure you know what to expect when.

P.S.  So, are you testing the 5.0.5 preliminary build that's in the attached email within
the parallel package???  :-)

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for "Alameda, Jay" ---02/02/2012 02:33:22 PM---Beth, A timing question: right now, I believe, our PTP upd"Alameda, Jay" ---02/02/2012 02:33:22 PM---Beth, A timing question: right now, I believe, our PTP update site has PTP 5.0.4 (that we used for S

"Alameda, Jay" <alameda@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>,

02/02/2012 02:33 PM

Re: [ptp-dev] Indigo SR2 RC2 - parallel package

    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Beth,

A timing question: right now, I believe, our PTP update site has PTP 5.0.4 (that we used for SC11).  I’m guessing that when 5.0.5 is released, the PTP update site will have 5.0.5, right?  I’m asking as I’ll be teaching a tutorial (mini-tutorial) on Tuesday, Feb 7 – this could be more “exciting” if I’m using 5.0.5.  Jeff and I are also teaching a tutorial on Feb 24; do you have a sense as to what will be available on the main download site (and maybe our update site) near that date?  Thanks,

Jay