Re: [ptp-dev] PTP downloads

The current downloads are 33,356, so the numbers don't quite add up.

Greg

On Jan 26, 2012, at 4:59 PM, Beth Tibbitts wrote:

On yesterday's PTP Users call I talked about the parallel package ("Eclipse IDE for Parallel Application Developers") download counts.
I've figured out how to do more specific tracking of the counts.
I promised to send Jay more details, so here they are.

By month since Eclipse Indigo's SR1 (Service Release 1) last September:

Sept* 3825
Oct 8630
Nov 8777
Dec 4506
Jan* 6742
Total up to this point: 32,480

* note that the September numbers are since Sept 23, when SR1 was released; January numbers are up to Jan. 24.

By platform, win32 usually tops the list by far. But in November, Linux32 beat it out and linux64 was strong as well. In January win64 took the prize.
Mac32 and Mac64 are left in the dust (a small but enthusiastic group, which includes myself and other PTP committers :)   )
I'll provide more details at the next PTP Developers meeting (http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/meetings)

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511