[ptp-dev] Suggestions for implementing LML system viee for PE JAXB resource manager with large node count

I'm trying to figure out what I need to do in order for my PE JAXB resource manager to effectively handle LML status views when the user's application is using a large number of nodes in the cluster, and where displaying status for all those nodes will affect Eclipse performance.

With PE, I have no information about which nodes are in use until the application starts since PE uses either a host file or a back end resource manager such as LoadLeveler to handle node allocation at job submit time. I also have no information at all about node topology, at least in the hostfile case.

So I think the default action is that I need to arbitrarily group nodes into groups of 100 nodes, so taht if I was using 500 nodes, the initiial view would be 5 elements representing groups of 100 nodes, and where the user could zoom in to see detail of those 100 nodes.

One idea that I had about better grouping was to do something where I apply a regular _expression_ pattern to the list of nodes, where node names may be representative of what frame they resided in and group nodes in the same logical set into a single display element.

I'm looking for suggestions about what I need to do in my resource manager or elsewhere to make this work.

Thanks.
Dave

Back to the top