[ptp-dev] Git and patches

Git continues to make me feel like a moron.  I apparently don't know how to make a patch.

I have made two commits to my local Git repository since I cloned the PTP repo; the second commit depends on the first.  When I made the second commit, I didn't check the "amend previous commit" box as recommended in http://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/git#Posting_patches_on_Bugzilla

Now, I would like to create a patch that can be applied to PTP HEAD (or origin/master or whatever it's called now).  It needs to include the changes from both commits.

Is there an easy way to do this -- to create a Bugzilla-worthy patch with the differences between my master branch and origin/master?

If not, can I at least merge the two commits, or otherwise go back in time and decide to check the "amend previous commit" checkbox?

Jeff

Back to the top