[ptp-dev] Dynamic behavior in launch configurations

Hi Folks,

I'm currently trying to puzzle through how to have one launch
configuration tab settings affect another tab.

The reason I need this is that I am creating a launch configuration for
OProfile and there's some interdependence between the launch
configuration tabs.  As a good example of this, I have a tab which
specifies which host is to be used to remotely execute the OProfile
tools.  I have another tab which shows the events that OProfile can
trace, and these events depend heavily upon which host is being used...
not only the architecture, but the specific processor being used will
determine which events can be traced. So what I want to happen is that
when I change the remote host, the events tab will automatically be
re-populated with the events that are specific to that host.

Looking at the ResourcesTab class
(org.eclipse.ptp.launch.ui.ResourcesTab) in PTP, there's a
handledContentsChanged private class which is used to call
updateLaunchConfigurationDialog() which is a function in
AbstractLaunchConfigurationTab, and calls updateButtons and
updateMessages on the LaunchConfigurationDialog (the class that is the
container for all of the tabs).  This calls fTabViewer.refresh()
eventually calls back to the ResourcesTab's performApply method, since
it is the active tab at that moment.  Only the active tab's performApply
method is called, none of the others.

At this point, though, it's not clear to me if there's a way that I
could cause performApply to be called on all of the other tabs within
the LaunchConfigurationDialog.

Any pointers or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for your consideration,

- Corey

An

Back to the top