[ptp-dev] Problem with RSE connection upper-case vs lower-case

I have created an RSE connection to a linux system via SSH. RSE sees it fine. For some reason, the host name is upper-cased (though I entered everything in lower-case in the RSE new connection wizard). The connection name is lower-case
(tolduso.usersys.redhat.com).

When I try and get a connection as follows:

		URI uri = project.getLocationURI();
IRemoteServices services = PTPRemoteCorePlugin.getDefault().getRemoteServices(uri);
		services.initialize();
IRemoteConnection connection = services.getConnectionManager().getConnection(uri);
		manager = services.getFileManager(connection);

for a URI: rse://TOLDUSO.USERSYS.REDHAT.COM/home/jjohnstn/workspace-dummy/rmt2

where rmt2 is a directory on my remote system.

I get back a null connection. I looked at the connection manager via the debugger and found 2 connections (one for Local and the other for tolduso.usersys.redhat.com).

If I manually edit the URI using the debugger to make the host lower-case, the connection is found.

Should this look-up be case-insensitive or should the hostname have been stored as the key for the connections? In the Remote Systems View, the connection properties show that the hostname is upper-case while the connection name is lower-case.

-- Jeff J.

Back to the top