Re: [ptp-dev] Merge

Also, please provide an example showing the exact steps I would use to:

1. Add a new file to ptp_5_0 and the steps to merge this into master.
- You would add the file in ptp_5_0 (Team->Add (optional), Team->Commit)
- Than if you use two work-spaces:
You would need to get the updated 5.0 branch into the master workspace. You can either push it to the remote repository (Team->Push to Upstream) and pulling it from the master one(Team->Pull). Or you could directly Fetch it from the other local repository. You need to set this up once (*) This is both faster and if you made a mistake you can still correct it before you push it to the official repository.
- If you use one repository you switch branches (Team->Switch To->master)
-Now you can Merge ( Team->Merge->ptp_5_0)

Can I merge using the remote tracking branch, or do I have to have a local copy of ptp_5_0 in the second repository to merge against?

I just tried this and it merged everything in my workspace.

Greg

Back to the top