Re: [ptp-dev] Git and case insensitive filesystems

OK the wrong file was deleted... i really need the allindex.html [lowercase] file because dozens of html files link to that one.
This is in ptp_5_0 branch.
(Long story: bug in our conversion of OpenMPI man pages to html put the wrong link at the bottom of all the files and it was easier, right before 5.0.2/SR1 release to just change the file name.  Wish I could do that over now.)

I have discussed with Greg this morning and he has reinstated the lowercase file.
Earlier this morning i had the mixed case version(allIndex.html - incorrect one) in my workspace
I did a Team>Pull  from the project and now they are both gone in my Eclipse workspace

I heard caveats about doing a synchronize.
How do I look at how my workspace compares to remote repo and what would come down if i did a pull?

If I look on the web interface (http://git.eclipse.org - click on 'tree' at the top to be able to navigate to files)
I can see that indeed the lowercase file seems to be in the repo (which is correct)

I did another pull (says everything is up to date)
but my ws will shows neither of the allindex.html files are there.

If I just look on the file system for the workspace nothing is there. I guess everything is in the git repo now.
If I look on the filesytems under my local git repo, neither file is there either.

Help!

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Greg Watson ---11/05/2011 11:12:53 AM---It looks like Git can't handle case insensitive filesystems cGreg Watson ---11/05/2011 11:12:53 AM---It looks like Git can't handle case insensitive filesystems correctly. There were two html files wit

Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

11/05/2011 11:12 AM

[ptp-dev] Git and case insensitive filesystems

    Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

It looks like Git can't handle case insensitive filesystems correctly.

There were two html files with the same name apart from the case (allindex.html and allIndex.html) in the org.eclipse.ptp.pldt.mpi.core plugin in the ptp_5_0 branch. This was causing me grief because git was only able to check one of them out, so it always thought that I'd deleted the second. I ended up removing the lowercase one. I'm not sure if this has broken anything. Please check.

Greg