Re: [ptp-dev] Switching branches switches other workspaces too

Hi Doug,

Thanks much for this clarification. I was wondering if this might be the solution. Good to know.

-Alan

On 11/04/2011 09:31 AM, Schaefer, Doug wrote:

It’s a different model. The git working directory is independent of Eclipse. And it’s a physical directory so there’s only one view of it at any given time.

For CDT, I have two local repos, one for CDT 8.x and one for master.

Doug.

From: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Beth Tibbitts
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 11:25 AM
To: Parallel Tools Platform general developers
Subject: [ptp-dev] Switching branches switches other workspaces too

My normal mode of operating is to use a separate workspace for each branch (ptp_5_0 and master)
Now it's even separate eclipse installations (Indigo and Juno, respectively) for each.
They are both using the same local repository, my copy of org.eclipse.ptp  (and photran)

If I switch branches in one workspace
    Project:  Team -> Switch To ->  I can choose between master and ptp_5_0  now.
But whatever I choose, it also switches my other workspace too.

What am I doing wrong, or is there a different model of working in git-land?

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Roland Schulz ---11/03/2011
              11:30:51 AM---On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Beth
              Tibbitts <tibbitts@usRoland Schulz ---11/03/2011 11:30:51 AM---On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Beth Tibbitts <tibbitts@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: >  OK a question

Roland Schulz <roland@xxxxxxx>

11/03/2011 11:30 AM

Re: [ptp-dev] Working with Git