[ptp-dev] breaking API changes in RDT 4.1 branch

Hello PTPers,

I'm currently working on a patch to RDT that adds support for local service providers. This will allow RDT to be switched into local mode. As part of the changes I must break some API. The API changes are relatively small but it does cause the API tooling to complain in several places.

Unfortunately our product is stuck for now on the 4.1 branch. So I just want to give everyone a head's up that I have discussed this with Greg and that I will be breaking API in the 4.1 branch and in Head, but not in 5.0. Greg said he would handle the release review required when breaking API.

Thanks,

Mike Kucera
Rational Multicore Tooling
UI Team Lead