Re: [ptp-dev] failed: new_remote_project, x86_64, x86

OK this is the 5.0.0.201101311805 build - So from January 31.
I would recommend trying a more recent version.
Things have changed a lot since then (I am really unsure what the state of things is) but January certainly is old.
Greg/Al/Chris/et.al., should basic remote project stuff work now using the old (non-sync) RDT

Since M6 is almost out I would use that:
Either use the ptp-master update site by downloading the latest ptp-master-xxx.zip from http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/builds/indigo/index.html
Or you could use the all-in-one epp-parallel build from http://build.eclipse.org/technology/epp/epp_build/indigo/download/20110316-0628/

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG - High Performance Computing Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Galen Arnold ---03/16/2011 09:50:23 AM---Beth, ptp-dev,Galen Arnold ---03/16/2011 09:50:23 AM---Beth, ptp-dev,

Galen Arnold <arnoldg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Beth Tibbitts/Watson/IBM@IBMUS, ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

03/16/2011 09:50 AM

failed: new_remote_project, x86_64, x86

Beth,
ptp-dev,

I've attached screenshots of the install. info and the error. To make sure everything was clean, I tried again this morning starting with a fresh empty eclipse workspace and I verified that all eclipse dot files were removed from the remote directory containing the Makefile . I get the same failure from the x86 build.

REMOTE dir. with Makefile project:

arnoldg@bd-login:~/ctest> ls -a
. .. hi.c Makefile
arnoldg@bd-login:~/ctest>

LOCAL eclipse host:

[arnoldg@lgheron ~]$ rm -rf workspace_indigo/
[arnoldg@lgheron ~]$ eclipse_alternate/eclipse/eclipse
# generated attached screenshots

This same sequence to generate a new remote project works fine with the latest Helios and PTP 4.0.5 .

-Galen

Galen Arnold
system engineer
NCSA