[ptp-dev] PLDT meets Fortran! New build available

Jeff Overbey and I worked earlier this week on integrating PTP/PLDT with Photran.
Which means, to begin with, you can now locate MPI and OpenMP artifacts in Fortran code.

We had to muck with the build system (oh so much fun) since now Photran is an optional dependency for PTP's PLDT.
So, if you have Photran installed, you should be able to find artifacts, but if you don't, it should just silently not work.

I have posted a build on http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/builds/4.0.0
with these improvements.

Jeff, I can create an MPI C project and MPI Photran project and find artifacts in both, with this build.
I *think* everything else is installing OK.
Alan et.al., I initially had some trouble installing ISP after this, but the last build magically had it install OK.
I have not yet testing running and debugging, resource mgrs, or any remote features.
I don't think anything we changed should affect these, but would appreciate some verification.

We've been trying to (get around to) doing this PLDT/Photran integration for a while
so Jeff and I are very happy to have this working!

Tomorrow (Friday night) will be our weekly build, so please please please test to see that
your components are still working.
Thanks

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Back to the top