RE: [ptp-dev] first pane of new remote project wizard incorrect in RC3a/PTP 3.0.1

I don't think that stuff ever fully made it in. He probably had it in a driver he took to NCSA or to SC09.

Last I spoke with him on this there were some architectural problems to iron out yet.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for "Jay Alameda" ---01/12/2010 04:10:26 PM---This is certainly confusing.  My memory from early december"Jay Alameda" ---01/12/2010 04:10:26 PM---This is certainly confusing. My memory from early december (pre-release code) had everything runnin

"Jay Alameda" <jalameda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Parallel Tools Platform general developers'" <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

01/12/2010 04:10 PM

RE: [ptp-dev] first pane of new remote project wizard incorrect in RC3a/PTP 3.0.1

Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

This is certainly confusing. My memory from early december (pre-release code) had everything running over remote tools. But, I'm not sure what combination of code that took - one thing that did happen successfully then was firing the indexing service through the remote tools connection , that worked without a hitch. This seems to have been lost in the current incarnation of the RDT server.

Jay

Parallel Tools Platform general developers
RE: [ptp-dev] first pane of new remote project wizard incorrect in RC3a/PTP 3.0.1

Ok, so I think the confusion is this...

Greg was in the process of prototyping the idea of running RDT over a Remote Tools connection. He didn't finish with that work, and I don't know for sure that he finished what he was doing with the wizard either. So I am guessing everything is blowing up because you are using a Remote Tools connection and not an RSE dstore connection.

===========================
Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for "Jay Alameda" ---01/12/2010 02:33:48 PM---Here is my quick PDF.  The stack trace from the blowup with"Jay Alameda" ---01/12/2010 02:33:48 PM---Here is my quick PDF. The stack trace from the blowup with the new server was a bit longer than I a

"Jay Alameda" <jalameda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"'Parallel Tools Platform general developers'" <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

01/12/2010 02:33 PM

RE: [ptp-dev] first pane of new remote project wizard incorrect in RC3a/PTP 3.0.1

Sent by:

ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Here is my quick PDF. The stack trace from the blowup with the new server was a bit longer than I anticipated; anyway - 3.0 pre-release built from source is first, 3.0.1 starts page 276 (after the stack trace). I stopped where I ran into a RSE roadblock.

Jay