Re: [ptp-dev] NoClassDefFoundError when editing PE resource manager configuration

That fixed it. Thanks
Dave

From:
Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
Date:
10/29/2009 10:35 AM
Re: [ptp-dev] NoClassDefFoundError when editing PE resource manager
configuration
Sent by:
ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Dave,

Can you check that
org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ui.wizards.AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage

  exists in your workspace? If not, you need to update the plugin.

Greg

On Oct 28, 2009, at 3:07 PM, Dave Wootton wrote:

> I get a NoClassDefFoundError for

org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ui.wizards.AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage
> when I try to edit a PE resource manager I just created. The
> traceback is
> at the end of this email.
>
> I am using the latest PTP source from CVS head and notice that I get
> the
> following error messages from the compilation. It looks like the
> LoadLeveler plugin has the same problem.
>
> Description     Resource        Path    Location        Type
> Access restriction: The constructor
> AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage
> (IRMConfigurationWizard,
> String) is not accessible due to restriction on required library
> C:\Program
> Files\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ui_1.0.1.200910232110.jar
> PEResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.java
> /org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ibm.pe.ui/src/org/eclipse/ptp/rm/ibm/pe/ui/wizards
> line 40 Java Problem
>
> Description     Resource        Path    Location        Type
> Access restriction: The type
> AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage is not
> accessible due to restriction on required library C:\Program
> Files\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ui_1.0.1.200910232110.jar
> PEResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.java
> /org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ibm.pe.ui/src/org/eclipse/ptp/rm/ibm/pe/ui/wizards
> line 30 Java Problem
>
> Is there a change I need to make to the PE and LoadLeveler plugins
> to fix
> this?
>
> Traceback follows:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:

org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ui.wizards.AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
> at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:222)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.defineClass
> (DefaultClassLoader.java:183)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.defineClass
> (ClasspathManager.java:576)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findClassImpl
> (ClasspathManager.java:546)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClassImpl
> (ClasspathManager.java:477)
> at

org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass_LockClassLoader

> (ClasspathManager.java:465)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.baseadaptor.loader.ClasspathManager.findLocalClass
> (ClasspathManager.java:445)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.findLocalClass
> (DefaultClassLoader.java:211)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findLocalClass
> (BundleLoader.java:381)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal
> (BundleLoader.java:457)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass
> (BundleLoader.java:410)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass
> (BundleLoader.java:398)
> at
> org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass
> (DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
> at
> org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ibm.pe.ui.PEProviderContributor.getWizardPages
> (PEProviderContributor.java:49)
> at
> org.eclipse.ptp.ui.wizards.RMServicesConfigurationWizard.setWizardPages
> (RMServicesConfigurationWizard.java:482)
> at

org.eclipse.ptp.ui.wizards.RMServicesConfigurationWizard.setServiceProvider

> (RMServicesConfigurationWizard.java:469)
> at
> org.eclipse.ptp.ui.wizards.RMServicesConfigurationWizard.<init>
> (RMServicesConfigurationWizard.java:330)
> at
> org.eclipse.ptp.ui.actions.EditResourceManagerAction.run
> (EditResourceManagerAction.java:45)
> at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
> at
> org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection
> (ActionContributionItem.java:584)
> at
> org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2
> (ActionContributionItem.java:501)
> at
> org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent
> (ActionContributionItem.java:411)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1003)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:
> 3880)
> at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3473)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
> at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
> at
> org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault
> (Realm.java:332)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench
> (Workbench.java:493)
> at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:
> 149)
> at
> org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start
> (IDEApplication.java:113)
> at
> org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run
> (EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
> at

org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication