Re: [ptp-dev] Method to open source files in an editor window in PTP

Hi Dave,

The error message is pretty cryptic, the only thing I can think of is that IFileStore objects can also be used to represent directories, so maybe "System editor can only open file base resources" means you are trying to open a directory in the editor.

The one time I had to use IDE.openEditorOnFileStore I basically just followed this page from the eclipse wiki:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/FAQ_How_do_I_open_an_editor_programmatically%3F

Otherwise all I can say is get the exception stack trace, get the eclipse source code and start debugging :)

Mike Kucera
Software Developer
IBM Toronto
mkucera@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for Greg Watson ---10/08/2009 06:03:09 PM---I would guess there is something in RDT to do this. Perhaps CGreg Watson ---10/08/2009 06:03:09 PM---I would guess there is something in RDT to do this. Perhaps Chris or

Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

10/08/2009 06:03 PM

Re: [ptp-dev] Method to open source files in an editor window in PTP

I would guess there is something in RDT to do this. Perhaps Chris or
Mike could help?

Greg