[ptp-dev] Can't run simle parallel app on today's build

I just made HelloMPI, made a res mgr for OpenMPI, started it, and tried to run.

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Failed to parse output of Open MPI command. Check output for errors.
at org.eclipse.ptp.rm.mpi.openmpi.core.OpenMPIPlugin.coreErrorException(OpenMPIPlugin.java:86)
at org.eclipse.ptp.rm.mpi.openmpi.core.rtsystem.OpenMPIRuntimeSystemJob.doExecutionStarted(OpenMPIRuntimeSystemJob.java:502)
at org.eclipse.ptp.rm.core.rtsystem.AbstractToolRuntimeSystemJob.run(AbstractToolRuntimeSystemJob.java:706)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.
at org.eclipse.ptp.rm.mpi.openmpi.core.rtsystem.OpenMPIProcessMapXml13Parser.parse(OpenMPIProcessMapXml13Parser.java:516)
at org.eclipse.ptp.rm.mpi.openmpi.core.rtsystem.OpenMPIRuntimeSystemJob$1.run(OpenMPIRuntimeSystemJob.java:233)

I could run yesterday (on OpenMPI on UPC in a different install ) OK

I did just change my paths and make a symbolic link to /usr/local/openmpi which points to /usr/local/openmpi-1.3.3, anticipating maybe installing a newer one yesterday, to ease switchover,
but other things should be the same.

However I just re-installed the 8/29 build and it works ok on my machine.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts (859) 243-4981 (TL 545-4981)
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Back to the top