Re: [ptp-dev] PTP build from CVS

Hi Max,

Contrary to all the on-line documentation :-), PTP 3.0 only works with CDT 6.1. You'll need to download the latest from here: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/builds/6.1.0/index.html

Regards,

Greg

On Aug 19, 2009, at 2:59 PM, Max Billingsley III wrote:

Hello,

I am trying to get a PTP 3.0 build going from CVS. With an installation of Eclipse 3.5 SDK + CDT from the update site + RSE, I'm generally trying to follow the instructions at http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/environment_setup_21 (while accounting for version differences). I am using the team project set for HEAD (ptp-HEAD-all-anonymous.psf).

When I try to get this built, I am encountering a number of errors, as shown below.

Is there something I am doing wrong? Given that I mainly need to work on/with the external tools framework, perhaps it would be easist to just avoid checking out all of PTP from CVS?

Any help with this problem and/or a recommended workflow would be appreciated.

Thanks,

-Max

------

The field ServiceProviderConfigurationWizard.fProvider is not visible RMServiceProviderConfigurationWizard.java
/org.eclipse.ptp.ui/src/org/eclipse/ptp/ui/wizards

The method getConfiguration(IProject, String) in the type IServiceModelManager is not applicable for the arguments (String)
OpenMPIRMServiceProviderFactory.java
/org.eclipse.ptp.rm.mpi.openmpi.core/src/org/eclipse/ptp/rm/mpi/ openmpi/core/rmsystem

The method getConfiguration(IProject, String) in the type IServiceModelManager is not applicable for the arguments (String)
OpenMPIRMServiceProviderFactory.java
/org.eclipse.ptp.rm.mpi.openmpi.core/src/org/eclipse/ptp/rm/mpi/ openmpi/core/rmsystem

The method getDelta() is undefined for the type CElementDeltaBuilder
RemoteReconcileWorkingCopyOperation.java
/org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.core/src/org/eclipse/ptp/internal/rdt/core/model

The method getDelta() is undefined for the type CElementDeltaBuilder
RemoteReconcileWorkingCopyOperation.java
/org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.core/src/org/eclipse/ptp/internal/rdt/core/model

The method getDelta() is undefined for the type CElementDeltaBuilder
RemoteReconcileWorkingCopyOperation.java
/org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.core/src/org/eclipse/ptp/internal/rdt/core/model

The method setIndexAllFiles(Boolean) is undefined for the type StandaloneFastIndexer
RemoteIndexManager.java
/org.eclipse.ptp.rdt.core/miners/org/eclipse/ptp/internal/rdt/core/ miners

The type OpenMPIProviderContributor must implement the inherited abstract method IServiceProviderContributor.getWizardPages(IServiceProvider)
OpenMPIProviderContributor.java
/org.eclipse.ptp.rm.mpi.openmpi.ui/src/org/eclipse/ptp/rm/mpi/ openmpi/ui