Re: [ptp-dev] Service Configuration preference page and project properties page questions

On Aug 7, 2009, at 10:08 AM, Dave Wootton wrote:

I have a mostly working preference page and project properties page for
service configurations. I have a few questions.

I have a properties page with a Composite object which I'm intending to
use as the parent  for the ServiceModelWidget. I create a new
ServiceModelWidget passing in the selected IServiceConfiguration object, then call ServiceModelWidget.createContents(), passing in the Composite as
the parent widget. I don't see the ServiceModelWidget appear in the
properties page. Do I need to do something else to have this appear? Is
this the proper way to get the widget to display? Do I need to do
something else?

For dialogs, you have to call setControl(composite) in the createControl() method before it will display anything. Is there something similar for properties pages?

When I add a service configuration to the project I'm calling
ServiceModelManager.setConfiguration(IProject, IServiceConfiguration)
which seems to work because I end up with multiple service configurations associated with the project.. The 'setConfiguration' method name implies to me that it's only allowing a single service configuration so I want to
be sure I'm doing this right.

Maybe addConfiguration() would be better?

If I try to remove a service configuration from the set of available
service configurations in my preferences page, I call
ServiceModelWidget.remove(IServiceConfiguration) but it doesn't remove the
service configuration.

Do you mean ServiceModelManager..remove()? In any case, yes, there should be a listener for model events, or at least adding/removing configurations. I'll need to add this functionality.

Greg

Back to the top