[ptp-dev] Prepend parallel execution

Greetings,

This seems like a longshot, but is there any way to pass the parallel launching binary to another application?

The use case is a performance tool, scan, that runs on the command line like:

scan mpirun -np 4 ./foo

Currently the external tools can only compose a launch command with the selected binary.  This is the equivalent of:

mpirun -np 4 scan ./foo

which does not work correctly.

I guess the actual parallel invocation happens pretty deep in the PTP launch system, and varies depending on which resource manager is being used, but if there is a straightforward way I could accomplish this on the plugin level it would be very useful.

Thanks,
Wyatt

Back to the top