[ptp-dev] Question about performance tools framework in PTP

Wyatt
I have a performance analysis tool that has an Eclipse plugin. I'd like to
extend the Eclipse launch configuration dialog to add a new panel with
execution options specific to this tool. These options result in setting
environment variables that the tool recognizes. The tool itself runs as a
remote process on a different node than the Eclipse node. Greg suggested
that your framework might be helpful for this.

I need to use this for parallel execution, where I'm thinking of this as a
logical extension of the PTP launch configuration, as well as for serial
applications which would not use the PTP launch configuration and do not
run under control of any PTP resource manager. Does your tool framework
work only with PTP launch configurations, or would it work with the CDT
launch dialogs as well.

Also, does your framework provide any notifications of job start and
finish, such that a listener could register to be notified of those state
changes?

Thanks
Dave

Back to the top