Re: [ptp-dev] About extensible ConfigurationWizardPage for MPI resource manager

Daniel
Are these changes and the other changes you propose specific to ompi or
are you intending for them to be more general, for other plugins as well?
The reason I ask is that I am responsible for the plugins for Parallel
Environment and need to know if there's upcoming changes that I need to be
aware of. If they are specific to ompi, that's fine. I'm not proposing
they be extended beyond that, since the Parallel Environment runtime model
is quite a bit simpler. There's one way to start an application (poe
myprog) and there's no support in Parallel Environment for any kind of
monitoring or discovery of nodes or processes.

Dave

Daniel Felix Ferber <dfferber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
05/12/2008 03:01 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
[ptp-dev] About extensible ConfigurationWizardPage for MPI resource
manager

Hi Greg,

I am working an MPI configuration page for the resource manager
configuration wizard. Besides the fields 'launch command', 'discover
command', 'monitor command' and 'path', I am considering that other
fields might be added for specific MPI tools. Therefore, I want to
enable this MPI configuration wizard to display additional fields
required of the resource manager

One approach would be setting a fixed set of fields that are expected to
be common on one wizard page and let the other plugin contribute with
one (or more) additional configuration page(s) that are specific for the
tool.

The second approach I was thinking of is an class that describes the
ResourceManagerConfiguration and which would guide the commands wizard
page with field descriptions. This class would work as a bridge between
the ResourceManagerConfiguration and the ConfigurationWizardPage.

Therefore, the MPI resource manager configuration would contain
following pages:
- Connection
- Commands (and additional fields contributed by another plugin)
- Additional wizard pages contributed by another plugin

I was wondering how I would define this bridge between
ResourceManagerConfiguration and the ConfigurationWizardPage. In order
to keep it as simple as possible, would it make sense to use
org.eclipse.ptp.core.attributes to describe the available fields.

Best regards,
Daniel Felix Ferber