[ptp-dev] [perf] Framework questions

Wyatt,
I'm using the tool framework to launch a tool that runs on the user's
executable, and needs options set by the user.
I have an xml file that the user specifies in preferences, and my tool,
with its options set by the user, appears quite nicely in the profiling
launch configuration.

So, in my xml i specify option names and tooltips, and the type (boolean,
string, file, or directory) of the option to be filled in by the user, and
a UI is generated to get this info from the user.  Very nice.
For example, a boolean toggle-able option,
<togoption label="Option" optname="-myOption"
                  tooltip="Hover text here" defstate="true" />
A text (string) toggle-able option:
 <togoption label="Algorithm" optname="-anaalgo" tooltip="algorithm"
defstate="true">
                  <optvalue type="text" default="simple"></optvalue>
</togoption>

Both of the above options would be checked, by default, and the text field
would be prefilled with a default value of "simple"

So for the above, the command line that would be generated (after the tool
name) could look like, if not modified by the user:
       -myOption -anaalgo simple

I think you added an attribute to include an option in the command line
that is generated, but make it not visible in the UI.
I'll give that a try.  (visible=false)

Can we have a non-toggle option? That is, the user can't "uncheck" it?
Aha, i think i just set required=true.

Next I will try specifying the xml in a plug-in extension, instead of
having the user specify it.  I think you said I should look in
And I need to know how to launch another operation when the tool execution
is complete
(in my case, i want to open a view.)
What I also need is a way to get some of the option information to pass to
the view so i know how to obtain the results of the tool (the output file
in my case).
I know you said it's difficult to get hold of the ILaunchConfiguration.
Could it (or something) perhaps be *passed* to my operation that gets
called?

..Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center

Back to the top