[ptp-dev] Questions about debugger support

Greg
I took a quick look at what happens when I try to run a PE application in
a debug session. At this point I'm just trying to understand what happens
with the run command so I can begin to understand how a debugger works.

I see several parameters that are present when running in debug mode. It's
pretty obvious debugExecPath and debugExecName are components of the top
level debugger executable path name and debugArgs are parameters to the
debuger. I suspect that you intend that execPath be passed to the debugger
as the name of the executable to debug. I'm not sure what happens with
debugStopInMain and launchedByPTP. It also looks like the debug=true is
intended to be a flag to the proxy that tells me that a debugger is to be
launched instead of an application.

I think debugging would fail pretty quickly once the top level debug
executable is started since we aren't doing anything about the per-task
setup of environment variables that PE requires in order to run a parallel
application or any of the other setup that the application needs in order
to run.

Dave

Back to the top